Sunday, August 15, 2010

Consol Energy Center First Look

Today I got to see the arena for the first time. It's definitely new and nice. I don't know how happy we are with our seats. I understand the upper bowl is UP more rather than BACK the way the old arena was but it seems like we are slightly more right than we were before too and that ain't cool. Plus we're 4 rows from the very back? Where the heck did all the section E & F people go? They stuffed them all behind us? I don't think so.

Since is was a free tour everything was open to us. We got to walk around in all the clubs and stuff that we will probably never have access to during a regular event so that was neat to see that.

They also have these screens at the entrance that they call the 'Interactive Hall Of Fame'. You can pick a player and touch the screen and see all their stats and videos of their greatest plays, etc. It's all pretty neat stuff.

There is also this one machine at the end with a circle on the ground that once you touch the screen it displays a countdown. You stand in the circle and pose and it will take your picture when it hits 0. You can then type in your email and it will send it to you. That is cool. I think I am going to try and do that for every game and make a collection. Here is the pic from the tour.


All in all I was very impressed. Definitely better than the poor old, falling apart Civic Arena. I can't wait to see some games here!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment