Saturday, December 11, 2010

Game #30 Leafs W5-2

We Are Unstoppable

Originally I had invited Matt Weyandt with me to this game for his birthday but he told me the week before that he needed to work so he couldn't make it. I had Nate scheduled to ask for a later game but after I told him I had an opening for this game he was all too willing and we were set. Since Nate was working in Moon today I didn't have to really go anywhere or wait for anybody so I shot right down to the lot. So quickly in fact that it was too early for me to get in at the reduced price! I had to go kill some time so I found a spot on the side of the road and read some Harry Potter on my phone until I could get in. Once I got in I started drinking and chatting with Ale waiting for Nate. Unfortunately for him he was stuck in Pittsburgh rush hour traffic on the wrong side of the tunnel and I couldn't wait any longer. I walked down to the Souper Bowl and got a table and ordered food. I saw a Toronto fan in there and asked them if they were here for the first game but they were not. Things in the standings were a lot different then at that time. As soon as our wings got there Nate walked in. Perfect timing. We ate and walked over to the arena.

NHL.com recap
  • It only took about 8 mins for Crosby to get going with his first goal of the night he finished with 2 and I was worried I was going to lose another hat.
  • Letestu also had 2 goals, his first since his season opening hot streak stopped (22 games).
  • Orr and Engelland had a rematch fight and Engelland pounded the crap out of Orr for real. The NHL fighting torch has been passed. (Actually it was kind of close but still a win for our guy)
  • There were a ton more fights too that kept the excitement level high the whole game.
  • Some idiot behind us said something in the 3rd period about Fleury getting a shut-out. We both turned around and yelled at him and sure enough not 2 mins later Toronto scored. I should have kicked the shit out of that guy.
  • We this victory we took over the #1 spot in the NHL with the most points (42).
  • This was the 3rd game in the row Malkin sat out with a knee injury.
  • Nate met and got a picture with Gene Simmons
  • Dupuis had an amazing 2-on-0 shorthanded goal.
  • I finally saw a win against Toronto!! (previously 0-4)
Since no one really reads my blog I decided to make an album in Facebook with all these pictures as well so more people can see them. Now when people come with me they should know that this action is required and I didn't have any issues dragging Nate over to the kiosk.


uwvark27's 2010-11 record: 5-2

1 comment:

  1. No one reads your blog because you don't give them the address. I <3 your blog :-*

    ReplyDelete