Thursday, December 23, 2010

Game #35 Panthers W5-2

Keep on rolling

We had a set back last week when we faced 2 of our division rivals but we started off this week just fine and continue to roll with another big win heading into our first match up against our hated rivals (and Winter Classic opponent) Washington Capitals.
I knew my friend Drew Carter was coming up for holidays and I asked him a while back if he wanted to go with me to this game. Of course he did but he needed to work out his trip schedule as this would be a day or so earlier than what he originally anticipated coming up. Luckily he was able to swing this and he left the day before so he had plenty of time to get up here and get back into sorts (after the 12 hour drive). He was right on time picking me up and as usual we loaded up on foods and drinks and headed down to the lot.

NHL.com recap

  • Ben Lovejoy scored the first goal of his NHL career (31 games) and added his first fight for good measure before leaving the game after taking a shot to the face.
  • Matt Cooke scored in consecutive games for the first time since March 27-28, 2010.
  • Brent Johnson earned the victory and was credited with an assist before leaving after the second period with a groin injury.
  • Beej also let up a goal on the first shot as we seem to be doing a lot this year.
  • Crosby kept his scoring streak alive (22 games) with a rare blow-it-by-him slapshot down the left wing that beat Tomas Vokoun.
  • Vokoun was pulled in the 1st period after Cookie made it 3-0
Drew was pumped to get his face in an All-Time Team picture. He loved the new arena as well. I was glad he was fit enough to book it up all those steps. I think he even bought me a beer or two when we were in there. I was super pumped he was able to make it out with me to see this game.


uwvark27's 2010-11 record: 6-2

No comments:

Post a Comment