Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pens vs Habs Game 7 POST

Well I feel like saying 'I can't believe it!!' but for some reason I can. Getting beat in Game 6 must have prepared me for this. Truthfully I don't even feel as bad now as I did after Game 6 even though the season is over. No Stanley Cup for us this year. All the top seeds fell and we had a clear, easy shot to the finals but we couldn't get it done. We can't even make fun of the Caps fans that much now because we lost too. It's crazy! We all need to root for them to win the Cup now so neither of us look that bad.

From what I saw the Canadiens just wanted it more. They had nothing to lose so they just went for it. We could not win any battles in their end. It was extremely disheartening to watch. We could pound away at them over and over and with their collapsing five guys around the net strategy we could not get to any rebounds. Eventually the puck would squirt loose and they race away down to our end and put a wild shot on net and score. I love Fleury as much as the next guy and I don't want to pick on any particular player or call anyone out but the Canadiens just had Fleury's number this round. No one can deny that. They were just putting the most wild shots on net and somehow picking corners on Fleury. In any other game against any other team Fleury would be stopping those shots. I don't understand that either. Whatever it was I can only think what if we would have pulled him when it was only 2-0? At 4-0 it was just a little too much to come back from. I think everyone could just feel the security when Beej went in. Now we could concentrate on offense and not have to worry about some random flopper shot getting in. I hate saying that but it was true. What were you going to do? I have faith though that Fleury will work hard during the summer and be even better next year.

Very disappointed is the only way I can describe this year's playoffs. We had a great season but we wanted the Cup. We were supposed to win. :( At least it's only ~140 days till next season starts. I'm going to have a lot more time on my hands until then to get stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment