Saturday, October 16, 2010

Game #5 Islanders W3-2

YES FINALLY A WIN!!!

Mr Isaac Michael accompanied me to the game this evening. This was part of his birthday present I guess you could say. He must be good luck because we finally got victory #1 in the new arena. That makes me feel good because now not only can he say for the rest of his life that he did attend a game in the old Civic Arena (which he says he sort of remembers) but he also attended the very first victory ever at the new arena! No one can take that away from him.

NHL.com recap
  • Eric Goddard has a good fight with Trevor Gillies early on. He was dominating at first but didn't win the 2nd half of the fight I'd say.
  • We sucked big on the power play 0-7 until the PPG in OT, they did start listening to our cries of 'SHOOT THE PUCK' about after 4-5 power plays.
  • People were booing the Pens. Those people should not be allowed to go to any more games.
  • Kris Letang got kicked out of the game when he leveled Blake Comeau. The refs thought it was a hit to the head which it clearly wasn't when you saw the replay.
  • The refs were absolutely horrible all game.
  • I discovered that the prize blimp never goes an where near the upper bowl.
  • Apparently neither do the cameraman. Isaac was dancing like a nut all game to get on the screen and was not rewarded for his efforts.
  • He did do fantastic cheering and screaming throughout the game. All the people sitting around him thought he was funny the stuff he was yelling.
  • He did get delirious towards the end of the game though. He was up way past his bedtime.
  • The girl sitting in front of us totally biffed it when she was walking back to her seat at one point. I don't know if she was drunk or what but she almost had a bad, bad fall. Luckily the dude in the next row caught her on his lap but he was not happy she spilled his $8 beer.
  • The old people next to us left with the game tied and over 10 min to go. WTF?! They shouldn't be allowed back either.
  • I finally caught wind of the Cotton Candy Guy. I had not seen hide nor hair of him the 1st few games.
  • Eric Tangradi got his first ever NHL goal.
  • The 1st two goals scored by the Pens were by the two Penguins who have Twitter, Rupp and Tangradi.
  • Goligoski scored his first ever game winning OT goal.
  • I'm 9-0 when I go see us play the Islanders
  • I'm 2-0 when Isaac is with me
I found that the parking lot (LC Parking I think it's called) over by Mercy hospital is big and usually half empty and although it's a few more blocks away thatn I'm used to walking - it's only $5. I think I might park here all the time then. Isaac and I parked here and ate our Sheetz dinner then walked over a bit early so he could look around in the stores at the Pens gear. We had to take this photo twice since he wasn't looking in the direction the first time around.

uwvark27's 2010-11 record: 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment